GW welcomes international students from all educational and geographical backgrounds to spend the summer at GW. Applicants should be academically qualified to manage the challenges of university-level work, as well as proficient in the English language, and should also be in good academic standing at their home university.
Apply to Pre-College
If you are an international high school student, please see Apply to Pre-College for application instructions.
|General Study Session I||April 1|
|U.S. Foreign Policy in a Global Era (June session)|
|General Study Session II||May 15|
|Summer Research Experience|
|U.S. Foreign Policy in a Global Era (July session)|
English Language Requirements
Students who have English as a second language must demonstrate proof of English language proficiency by meeting the minimum required scores for one of the following tests:
- Internet-based TOEFL: 80
- Paper-based TOEFL: 550
- IELTS: Overall band score of 6.0 and no individual band score below 5.0
Students attending schools where the primary language of instruction is English are not required to submit TOEFL. We ask that students submit an unofficial copy of test scores with their application.
Online Application Process
1. Go to the application homepage. You will first be prompted to create a username, confirm your email address, then create a password. Once these steps are completed, you will be able to log in and start a new application. On the first page of the application, choose the following in order to apply for International Summer (each field must be selected before the following fields options will populate):
- What type of program are you applying to? Non-Degree
- School: Summer & Non-Degree Programs
- Field of Study: International Summer
- Degree: Non-Degree
- Concentration: Not Applicable
- Term: Summer 2018
2. Submit a complete online application, which includes:
- Personal information and course selection
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Passport information and any previous visa documentation, if applicable
- Visa Application and Financial Certificate (PDF) and supporting documentation
- Applicants for whom English is a second language: unofficial copy of TOEFL or IELTS test scores
3. After GW receives all components, your application will be reviewed on a rolling, space-available basis.
4. Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email informing you of the decision.