Admitted Pre-College Students
Congratulations and welcome to the Pre-College Program!
Secure Your Spot: Next Steps for Admitted Students
- Submit your nonrefundable $500 deposit (for Summer Immersion and Exposure programs only. Online 6-week intensive students may proceed to step 2).
- For instructions, see Make Your Deposit.
- Once deposited, your student's place is secured in the program. Our office will then register the student for the course(s) selected on the student's application.
- Create your GW Email Address.
- Note: All billing communications will be sent directly to your (the student's) GW email address.
- Students will receive an email from the GW Identity Team with instructions on how to claim their GW Identity/email address. Please all 1-2 business days after admission for the email to be sent from the Identity Team.
- For more information please visit the GW Identity Website.
- Online students can proceed to step 5.
- Complete all applicable forms and trainings.
- After submitting your deposit, enrollment documents will be sent to both the student and parent email addresses listed on the student application.
- Student Enrollment Packet
- The Student Enrollment Packet will be sent to both the parent/guardian and student in late spring. Parent/guardian and student should complete the Student Enrollment Packet together and submit online.
- All students must complete our GWU Pre-College Title IX module before arriving on campus. It can be found here, and students should sign in with their GW email and password.
- Immunization Form
- Pay your remaining balance.
- Notice of when the full tuition payment generates (excluding deposit) will be sent to the student's GW email address. Please pay the remaining balance prior to the beginning of the program (for payment instructions, see Make Your Payments). Final statement balance will be generated beginning late May.
- Prepare for arrival.
Please note, enrollment documents contain abbreviated university policies. All students and parents should reference the Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities for a comprehensive breakdown of university policies.
Student Check-in and Orientation
All activities listed below are on the Mount Vernon Campus (2100 Foxhall Rd, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007). If you're driving, park in the garage and follow the signs to GW Pre-College. The garage is located adjacent to the West Hall building. If you're taking a rideshare or taxi, bring up the address in Google maps to ensure you get dropped off at the correct building location. Our campus has a lot of buildings, and we don't want you carrying your luggage too far. Map of campus (PDF)
More information will be provided closer to the start of the program.
First Day of Class
All students need to check their class folder (picked up at student check-in) for where your specific class is located. Please note, some classes are on Foggy Bottom, and others are on Mount Vernon Campus (particularly important for commuter students).
On the first day, we suggest your student be overly prepared and bring: laptop/tablet and/or smartphone, notebook, pen/pencil, and class folder. Your professor will then clarify what is necessary to bring every day.
Special Request & Overnight Leave Form
Students requesting to spend nights away from campus during evenings and weekends must have written permission from a parent or guardian via the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form. Requests for permission must be submitted to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance. Any requests conflicting with required academic programs will not be approved. The Pre-College Program retains final authority on leave requests.