Congratulations and welcome to the Pre-College Program! We hope you will join us for an exciting summer of academic exploration in the nation's capital.
Next Steps for Admitted Students
- Submit your nonrefundable $500 deposit (per course).
- For instructions, see Paying Your Bill.
- Complete all applicable forms:
- Summer Immersion & College Intensive (on campus): Enrollment Packet (PDF)
- Spanish forms (PDF) are available for Caminos al Futuro students (includes extra parent information)
- College Intensive 6-Week Online Program: Enrollment Packet (PDF)
- Commuter Students: Commuter Student Form (PDF)
- Special request forms
- Pay your remaining balance.
- Your bill will be automatically generated after paying the deposit. Please pay the remaining balance before the beginning of the summer term (May 21) or within 10 business days of depositing (for payment instructions, see Paying Your Bill).
- Once you have paid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your payment.
- Once we have received this payment confirmation, our office will register you for the course and send a registration confirmation.
- Prepare for arrival.
- Order your SmarTrip card
- Review the Pre-College Pre-Departure Guide (PDF) and Student Resources & Activities page
- Get familiar with health and safety information
- Plan for mail and additional costs
Please note, enrollment documents contain abbreviated university policies. All students and parents should reference the Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities for a comprehensive breakdown of university policies.
Along with submitting their enrollment packets, international students should also review the Insurance Guidelines for International Visiting Students (PDF) to ensure that they will have adequate coverage while in the United States. Students attending programs with F-1 sponsorship from GW will be automatically enrolled in GW's Health Insurance Policy.
Early Arrival/Late Departure Form
We have limited availability for international students traveling from considerable distance to come early and/or arrive late. The dates are pre-determined by the Pre-College Program director, and interested students must submit a completed Early Arrival/Late Departure Form to our office prior to arrival. See the individual tuition pages for applicable fees.
- Download the Early Arrival/Late Departure Form (PDF)
Special Request and Overnight Leave Form
Students requesting to spend nights away from campus during evenings and weekends must have written permission from a parent or guardian via the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form. Requests for permission must be submitted to email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Any requests conflicting with required academic programs will not be approved. The Pre-College Program retains final authority on leave requests.
- Download the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form (PDF)
Fitnes Center Waiver
Students who wish to use the West Hall Fitness Center during their time in the program will need to submit a completed waiver.
- Download the West Hall Fitness Center waiver (PDF)
Paying Your Bill
Payment for the GW Pre-College Program can be made using our online system, as well as check or wire transfer. Please pay attention to specific deadlines to ensure that your payment is received on time. See all payment options.