Congratulations and welcome to the Pre-College Program!
Secure Your Spot: Next Steps for Admitted Students
- Submit your nonrefundable $500 deposit (for Summer Immersion and Exposure programs only. Online 6-week intensive students may proceed to step 2).
- For instructions, see Make Your Deposit.
- Once deposited, your student's place is secured in the program. Our office will then register the student for the course(s) selected on the student's application.
- Create your GW Email Address.
- Note: All billing communications will be sent directly to your (the student's) GW email address.
- To create a GW Email address, go to identity.gwu.edu/claim:
- Click the prompt "Claim Your GW Email Address/UserID"
- Enter your GWid (this can be found in your acceptance letter and email and looks like “G12345678”), last name, and date of birth
- Click "Claim Email/Account"
- Online students can proceed to step 5.
Submit your Covid-19 vaccination documentation.
Click the prompt "Claim Your GW Email Address/UserID"
- All students who plan to take an on-campus class on any of GW's campuses in Summer 2022 must demonstrate compliance with GW's vaccine requirement through the medical portal before they are registered
- Compliance with the vaccine requirement is fulfilled either by providing proof of vaccination requirements or being approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Please note: GW's full vacation requirement can be found here.
- Instructions to Upload COVID-19 Vaccine Documentation:
- Take a photo or scan your vaccination record, and keep a copy for your own records.
- Log into the medical portal.
- Click on the "Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information" button on the Home screen.
- On the pop-up window, click the "Upload" button to upload a copy or photo of your vaccination record (you are not required to enter any dates)
The Colonial Health Center will review your vaccination record and add it to your medical record. This is a manual process and may take up to a week for your record to be updated.
- Complete all applicable forms and trainings.
- After submitting your deposit, enrollment documents will be sent to both the student and parent email addresses listed on the student application.
- Student Enrollment Packet
- The Student Enrollment Packet will be sent to both the parent/guardian and student in late spring. Parent/guardian and student should complete the Student Enrollment Packet together and submit online.
- All students must complete our GWU Pre-College Title IX module before arriving on campus. It can be found here, and students should sign in with their GW email and password.
- Immunization Form
- In addition to the Student Enrollment packet, this mandatory Immunization form must be completed stating which vaccinations you have taken. All the vaccines listed on this form are required to join our program. Once complete, please email the completed form to [email protected].
- Pay your remaining balance.
- Notice of when the full tuition payment generates (excluding deposit) will be sent to the student's GW email address. Please pay the remaining balance prior to the beginning of the program (for payment instructions, see Make Your Payments). Final statement balance will be generated beginning late May.
- Prepare for arrival.
Please note, enrollment documents contain abbreviated university policies. All students and parents should reference the Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities for a comprehensive breakdown of university policies.
Student Check-in and Orientation
All activities listed below are on the Mount Vernon Campus (2100 Foxhall Rd, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007). If you're driving, park in the garage and follow the signs to GW Pre-College. The garage is located adjacent to the West Hall building. If you're taking a rideshare or taxi, bring up the address in Google maps to ensure you get dropped off at the coorect building location. Our campus has a lot of buildings, and we don't want you carrying your luggage too far.
Student Check-In and Orientation Dates:
Summer Immersion: July 2
Check-In Location and Time:
Check-in will begin at 3pm and end at 5pm on July 2nd. Commuter students may arrive at any point during check-in, but we recommend arriving closer to 5pm.
Students should come to the Academic Building/Post Hall to sign-in, receive their room assignments, and program materials. Once signed-in students may proceed to move into their rooms at Somers Hall. Parking is available on campus in the lot by the tennis courts. There will be a sign and staff member at the entrance to the parking lot.
Student Orientation Location and Time
Orientation begins promptly at 5:30pm and will take place in Ames Hall, Room B101. We ask that all parents/guardians depart before orientation begins.
Students must complete check-out procedures by 11am on Friday, July 14th.
First Day of Class
All students need to check their class folder (picked up at student check-in) for where your specific class is located. Please note, some classes are on Foggy Bottom, and others are on Mount Vernon Campus (particularly important for commuter students).
On the first day, we suggest your student be overly prepared and bring: laptop/tablet and/or smartphone, notebook, pen/pencil, and class folder. Your professor will then clarify what is necessary to bring every day.
Special Request & Overnight Leave Form
Students requesting to spend nights away from campus during evenings and weekends must have written permission from a parent or guardian via the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form. Requests for permission must be submitted to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance. Any requests conflicting with required academic programs will not be approved. The Pre-College Program retains final authority on leave requests.
- Download the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form (PDF)