Congratulations and welcome to the Pre-College Program! We hope you will join us for an exciting summer of academic exploration in the nation's capital.
Secure Your Spot: Next Steps for Admitted Students
- Submit your nonrefundable $500 deposit (per course).
- For instructions, see Make Your Deposit.
- Once deposited, your student's place is secured in the program. Our office will then register the student for the course(s) selected on the student's application.
- Create your GW Email Address.
- Note: All billing communications will be sent directly to your (the student's) GW email address.
- To create a GW Email address, go to identity.gwu.edu/claim:
- Click the prompt "Claim Your GW Email Address/NetID"
- Enter your GWid (this can be found in your acceptance letter and email and looks like “G12345678”), last name, and date of birth
- Click "Claim Email/Account"
- Complete all applicable forms.
- After submitting your deposit, enrollment documents will be sent to both the student and parent email addresses listed on the student application.
- Student Enrollment Packet
- The Student Enrollment packet will be sent to both the parent and student to complete. We suggest parents sit with their student and complete the packet together. Once complete, please email [email protected] to confirm receipt of your completed packet.
- Immunization Form
- In addition to the Student Enrollment packet, this mandatory Immunization form must be completed stating which vaccinations you have taken. All the vaccines listed on this form are required to join our program. Once complete, please email the completed form to [email protected].
- Pay your remaining balance.
- Notice of the when the full tuition payment generates (excluding deposit) will be sent to the student's GW email address. Please pay the remaining balance as soon as possible (for payment instructions, see Paying Your Bill).
- Once you have paid, please email [email protected] to confirm your payment.
- Prepare for arrival.
Please note, enrollment documents contain abbreviated university policies. All students and parents should reference the Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities for a comprehensive breakdown of university policies.
Student Check-in and Orientation
All activities listed below are on the Mount Vernon Campus (2100 Foxhall Rd, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007). If you're driving, park in the garage and follow the signs to GW Pre-College. The garage is located adjacent to the West Hall building. If you're taking a rideshare or taxi, bring up the address in Google maps to ensure you get dropped off at West Hall. Our campus has lots of buildings, and we don't want you carrying your luggage too far.
Student Check-In and Orientation Dates:
ALL College Intensive + Session 1 Summer Immersion: June 30
One-Week Summer Exposure + Session 2 Summer Immersion: July 14
Session 3 Summer Immersion: July 28
Check-In Location and Time:
West Hall, B108
Residential Students: 3-6pm
Commuter Students: 5-6pm
Student Orientation Location and Time
West Hall, B108
6-7pm (Parent departure at 6 pm; Commuter student suggested pick up at 7:15 pm if you choose to not stay for the Welcome BBQ)
Welcome BBQ & Evening Activities:
June 30, July 14, and 28 only
7-8: 30 pm (Commuter student suggested pick up at 9 pm)
First Day of Class
All students need to check their class folder (picked up at student check-in) for where your specific class is located. Please note, some classes are on Foggy Bottom, and others are on Mount Vernon Campus (particularly important for commuter students).
On the first day, we suggest your student be overly prepared and bring: laptop/tablet and/or smartphone, notebook, pen/pencil, and class folder. Your professor will then clarify what is necessary to bring every day.
Along with submitting their enrollment packets, international students should also review the Insurance Guidelines for International Visiting Students (PDF) to ensure that they will have adequate coverage while in the United States. Students attending programs with F-1 sponsorship from GW will be automatically enrolled in GW's Health Insurance Policy.
Special Request & Overnight Leave Form
Students requesting to spend nights away from campus during evenings and weekends must have written permission from a parent or guardian via the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form. Requests for permission must be submitted to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance. Any requests conflicting with required academic programs will not be approved. The Pre-College Program retains final authority on leave requests.
- Download the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form (PDF)