Congratulations and welcome to the Pre-College Program! We hope you will join us for an exciting summer of academic exploration in the nation's capital.
Next Steps for Admitted Students
- Submit your nonrefundable $500 deposit (per course).
- For instructions, see Paying Your Bill.
- Complete all applicable forms.
- Once the deposit has been received, an enrollment packet will be sent first to the parent/guardian email provided in the application. The enrollment packet, along with the Mandatory Health Form (PDF), must be emailed to us at [email protected].
- Pay your remaining balance.
- Your bill will be automatically generated after paying the deposit. Please pay the remaining balance as soon as possible (for payment instructions, see Paying Your Bill).
- Once you have paid, please email [email protected] to confirm your payment.
- Once we have received this payment confirmation, our office will register you for the course and send a registration confirmation.
- Prepare for arrival.
- Order your SmarTrip card
- Review the Pre-College Pre-Departure Guide (PDF) and Student Resources & Activities page
- Get familiar with health and safety information
- Plan for mail and additional costs
Please note, enrollment documents contain abbreviated university policies. All students and parents should reference the Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities for a comprehensive breakdown of university policies.
Along with submitting their enrollment packets, international students should also review the Insurance Guidelines for International Visiting Students (PDF) to ensure that they will have adequate coverage while in the United States. Students attending programs with F-1 sponsorship from GW will be automatically enrolled in GW's Health Insurance Policy.
Students requesting to spend nights away from campus during evenings and weekends must have written permission from a parent or guardian via the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form. Requests for permission must be submitted to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Any requests conflicting with required academic programs will not be approved. The Pre-College Program retains final authority on leave requests.
- Download the Special Request and Overnight Leave Form (PDF)
Paying Your Bill
Payment for the GW Pre-College Program can be made using our online system, as well as check or wire transfer. Please pay attention to specific deadlines to ensure that your payment is received on time. See all payment options.