2017 Program Costs
The Summer Immersion program is a 2-week experiential program that allows students to focus on a specific topic. For credit options, see the College Intensive page.
Some courses may require additional supplies not provided by GW. Please see individual course info for details. Also see our list of incidental student expenses for information on additional costs.
Pre-College students who attend 2 or more Summer Immersion sessions will receive a 15% discount.
- One Session: $3,500
- Two Sessions: $6,192 (15% discount)
- Three Sessions: $9,349 (15% discount)
- Intersession Rate: $249.70 (this rate is for students who stay for more than one session and covers the cost for the two nights in between sessions)
All residential rates include tuition, program fee, supplies, room and board.
- Per Session: $2,500 (tuition, program fee, supplies)
Early Arrival/Late Departure
Pre-College students who decide to arrive early or depart late will incur the following charges:
- Early Arrival: $124.85
- Late Departure: $112.35
Upon admission, a non-refundable $500 per course deposit is required to secure your place in the program. The deposit is applied toward tuition, while the remaining balance is billed by the university and will be due in full prior to arrival. Review the process for accessing and paying your bill.
Refunds are issued on the remaining balance (excluding the deposit) according to the policies below. Students who are dismissed from the program forfeit the right to a refund. For students participating in more than one Summer Immersion session, refunds will only be applied if requested within the first 2 days of attending their first session.
- Prior to program start date: 100% of balance
- First 2 days of program: 85% of balance
- Day 3-onward: No refund