- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
International Summer at GW
Summer Study for International Students
The George Washington University, a world-renowned research university, invites international graduate and undergraduate students to spend an unforgettable summer in Washington, DC. International Summer at GW offers programs to international working professionals and students visiting from international universities and who require visa sponsorship.
Why International Summer at GW?
- Academic excellence and programs of global importance
- A diverse and intellectual community
- An immersive American university experience
- Study is enhanced by GW's proximity to and collaboration with international development organizations, government agencies, embassies, museums, and performing art venues
- Extra-curricular activities such as visits to historic sites, museums, Rock Creek Park, sporting events, and more
GW's Summer Advantage
GW is the largest private university in Washington, DC, enrolling 20,000 students from across the country and the world. Our diverse student body includes 2,500 international students representing over 130 different countries. As a premier research institution, GW is committed to expanding its global reach through education, research, and service. GW's strengths include programs in global development, international relations, public policy, business, politics, diplomacy, biomedical engineering, the sciences and the arts.
GW enrolls approximately 5,000 students in undergraduate and graduate level courses each summer. Summer classes are small and intensive, allowing students to enjoy a highly personalized and engaging academic experience.
Looking for programs for high school students? Click here.